Cosmetic acupuncture is also known as acupuncture facial rejuvenation, and sometimes called an acupuncture facelift. It’s the use of traditional acupuncture to slow the signs of aging in your face, tune up your skin, and to bring back that youthful glow to your cheeks.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a great choice for those who want to give their skin a little boost, but don’t want to inject Botox, fillers, or go the surgical route. It also works well for younger women (and men) who want their skin to look its best. So here are my top ten benefits of choosing cosmetic acupuncture rather than chemical or surgical options:
1. Cosmetic acupuncture increases the circulation in your skin. Your circulation tends to get a little sluggish as you age. Cosmetic acupuncture brings all those nutrient goodies like collagen and elastin back to where you want it—in your face and neck.
The increased circulation translates into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
2. It’s safe. No side effects here, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
Your health benefits from the sessions, too. During a cosmetic acupuncture treatment, your acupuncturist also treats any health concerns that you have. They do this because beautiful skin is linked to good health. You can’t have beautiful, glowing skin if you’re health is suffering.
3. Cosmetic acupuncture is effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea.
4. It’s relaxing. It may seem unlikely that an acupuncture treatment is relaxing, but the truth is that acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, those feel-good chemicals in your brain. This means that from the time you’re on the table for hours, and sometime days after your treatment, you’ll feel mellow, rested, and less stressed.
5. Cosmetic acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.
6. You’ll spend less money on cosmetic acupuncture than if you go the plastic surgery or injectable route.
7. The effects of cosmetic acupuncture can last years with just minor tune ups every six months or so.
8. There is no down time with cosmetic acupuncture. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and relaxed.
What exactly is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is the use of tiny needles placed in the face and on points of the body for the purpose of facial rejuvenation. Finishing with a relaxing and skin revitalizing facial massage to help boost the effect of the needles.
How does it work?
Many of the effects of aging are due to a decrease in circulation. Based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Cosmetic Acupuncture works to increase the circulation of energy and blood to the face. This increase in circulation causes an increase in the amount of nutrients, collagen and elastin moving to the facial area.
What kind of results can I expect?
The effects of Cosmetic Acupuncture may include a more even, glowing complexion, a decrease in fine lines and softening of wrinkles, diminished puffiness around the eyes, and a general lifting of the face, including jowls. In addition, most clients report other health benefits, such as improved digestion, decreased stress, less menstrual discomfort, decreased acne breakouts, and less TMJ symptoms, such as teeth grinding. In fact, in a study reported by the International Journal of Clincial Acupuncture, 90% of the participants reported improvements, such as better complexion, diminished lines and wrinkles, and feeling rejuvenated overall.
How much time does Cosmetic Acupuncture take?
A course of treatment involves 10 visits over the course of 5/10 weeks. Visits typically last about an hour and half.
Does it hurt?
Most clients would not describe this procedure as painful. However, there may be mild discomfort when the needles are inserted. Some points on the body and face are more sensitive than others, and various techniques are used on those points to minimize sensation. Most clients find the procedure extremely relaxing, and some actually fall asleep while the needles are retained.
Why is it so effective?
I incorporate full body acupuncture into our cosmetic treatments, so systemic imbalances that might affect your face are also resolved during your treatment. -Optimal health is reflected in your skin, so I incorporate dietary therapy, Chinese herbal formulas, and lifestyle counselling into your treatment plan to achieve your best health possible.
Call Caitriona to set up a consultation to see if cosmetic acupuncture is for you at 0872930317.